WEST SYSTEM EPOXY RESIN
Epoxy cures to a high-strength plastic solid at room temperatures, by mixing specific proportions of liquid epoxy resin and hardener. By using a simple “cookbook” approach you can tailor the handling characteristics and the physical properties of the cured epoxy to suit your working conditions and specific coating or bonding application.
- Start with 105 Resin, the basic ingredient of all epoxy compounds.
- Mix with one of four Hardeners. Select a hardener for its intended use and for the cure speed best suited for your job in the temperature range in which you are working.
- Add one of six fillers to thicken the mixture as needed. Select a filler for its handling characteristics or cured physical properties. Or, add one of six additives to provide specific coating properties.
105 Gougeon Brothers Epoxy Resin West System
- eboatworks Price qt. 105A resin $31.95 Buy Now
- eboatworks Price gal. 105B resin $79.95 Buy Now
- eboatworks Price 5 gal. 105C resin $325.00 Buy Now
Epoxy resin and hardeners are packaged in three “Group Sizes.” For each container size of resin, there is a corresponding sized container of hardener. When purchasing resin and hardener, be sure all containers are labeled with the same Group Size letter (A, B or C). The 300 Mini Pumps can be configured to fit any Group Size.
Hardener selection—select a hardener for its intended use and for the cure speed best suited for your job in the temperature range in which you are working.
205 Fast Hardener
205 Fast Hardener is a medium-viscosity epoxy curing agent. It is used in a majority of situations, at lower temperatures and to produce a rapid cure that develops its physical properties quickly at room temperature. When mixed with the 105 Resin in a five-part resin to one-part hardener ratio, the cured resin/hardener mixture yields a rigid, high-strength, moisture-resistant solid with excellent bonding and coating properties. Not intended for clear coating.
- eboatworks Price .44 PT 205A $17.95 Buy Now
- eboatworks Price .88 QT 205B $35.95 Buy Now
- eboatworks Price .94 gal 205C $117.95 Buy Now
206 Slow Hardener
206 Slow Hardener is a low-viscosity epoxy curing agent for use when extended working and cure time is needed or to provide adequate working time at higher temperatures. When combined with 105 Resin in a five-part resin to one-part hardener ratio, the cured resin/hardener mixture yields a rigid, high-strength, moisture-resistant solid with excellent bonding and coating properties. Not intended for clear coating.
- eboatworks Price .44 PT 206A $17.95 Buy Now
- eboatworks Price .88 QT 206B $35.95 Buy Now
- eboatworks Price .94 gal 206C $125.95 Buy Now
207 Special Coating Hardener
This hardener was especially developed for use with Brand 105 Resin in coating applications where an exceptionally clear, moisture-resistant, natural wood finish is desired. Cures to a light amber color, similar to traditional spar varnishes. An ultraviolet inhibiting additive improves the resistance of a WEST SYSTEM 105/207 mixture to sunlight, but the cured epoxy surface will still require the additional protection of a quality UV-filtering varnish. 207 is designed to self level for smooth finishes, and to wet-out and bond fabrics. Although it provides good physical properties for general bonding applications, it is more difficult to thicken and less cost effective for this purpose than 205 or 206 Hardeners. It’s also used for laminating veneers where bleed through at joints may be exposed to sunlight.
- eboatworks Price .66 PT 207SA $32.95 Buy Now
- eboatworks Price 41.90 oz 207SB $61.95 Buy Now
- eboatworks Price 1.45 gal 207SC $215.95 Buy Now
209 Extra Slow Hardener
209 Extra Slow Hardener is formulated for use with Brand 105 Resin for general coating and bonding applications in extremely warm and/or humid conditions or when extended working time is desired at room temperature. Provides approximately twice the working time of 206 Slow Hardener. Forms a clear, amber-colored solid with good physical properties and moisture resistance for bonding and coating applications. Not intended for clear coating.
- eboatworks Price PT 209SA $28.95 Buy Now
- eboatworks Price .33 gal 209SB $58.95 Buy Now
- eboatworks Price 1.45 gal 209SC $215.95 Buy Now
* Mix Ratios
The mix ratios above-5:1 for 205 and 206, 3:1 for 207 and 209-refer to the ratio of resin to hardener if you are metering by weight or volume. When using 300 Mini Pumps, pump one stroke of resin for every one stroke of hardener. Refer to the instructions included with the 300 Mini Pumps before using..